In my humble opinion, the Blondie reigns supreme in the world of dense square desserts. Buttery, dense, crispy edges with a soft interior. A perfect, rich blank canvas that contrasts perfectly with a tart fruit or chocolate surprise.
If you are looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert, these white chocolate and strawberry blondies check all the boxes! All you need to do is top with ice cream and pair with a glass of champagne.
Given that you’re on a nutrition website, you might be expecting this recipe to be a “healthified” version of a blondie. There are SO many delicious chickpea blondie recipes out there, and you can definitely use any of those as the base and add your desired toppings. But this is a Valentine’s Day recipe and I wanted an authentic butter-and-sugar dessert.
While I LOVE healthier versions of many desserts (I make these black bean brownies at least once a month), there is also plenty of room for classic desserts in a healthy diet. YES, you heard me! You can eat sweet treats made with REFINED sugar, REAL butter, WHITE flour and still meet your health goals with a satisfied sweet tooth! Sometimes you will find that you actually prefer and crave the healthy version, and sometimes you will find you want the authentic “like grandma used to make” version. That’s the beauty of individual choice – you can eat whatever kind of dessert you prefer. How radical is that?!
Some quick tips for the perfect fudgy white chocolate and strawberry blondies:
- Sift the dry ingredients before mixing. This will ensure that clumps don’t form in your batter.
- Use fresh strawberries and pat them dry before incorporating them into the mixture. This will help the structure of the blondie and prevent soggy spots from forming.
- Adjust brown sugar based on your preferences and toppings. This recipe uses two sweet toppings: white chocolate and strawberries. If you were to switch it up and use granny smith apples and pecans, you might need a bit more sugar!
Let’s get baking!
Fudgy White Chocolate and Strawberry Blondies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- ½ cup brown sugar + 1 tbsp to make sweeter blondies
- ⅓ cup butter unsalted, softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries washed, dried, diced
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350°F and grease an 8"x8" pan with butter or line with parchment paper.
- Sift flour into a large bowl and wisk together with baking powder and salt.
- Using a fork, combine the softened butter with the brown sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Once mixed, add in strawberries and white chocolate chips and blend.
- Add mixture to prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Edges should be golden and forming a crust.
Check out more recipes by Sarah!
Looking for something to listen to while you bake? Check out Dietetics After Dark!