This tropical green spinach smoothie is a great way to start your day by getting 5-6 servings of vegetables in.
Plus, it tastes delicious!
Two important pieces of advice to getting the perfect bright green smoothie
- Use light coloured fruits like pineapple, mango, banana, melon, apple, pear, or grapes. This allows the green colour to really pop. If you use deep coloured fruits like berries or cherries, your smoothie will still taste good but it will be a swampy brown colour.
- Use spinach. Other greens like kale or swiss chard are wonderful and nutritious, but they simply don’t blend as well as spinach does. Plus, I find the flavour of spinach is easier to mask than other greens!
WHAT’S SO GREAT ABOUT SMOOTHIES?
Smoothies are such an easy way to boost your consumption of fruits and vegetables, which will increase your intake of vitamins, minerals, and fibre. The best part? They can be SUPER delicious. A smoothie doesn’t have to be a murky brown-ish purple blended soup of everything in your fridge. Combining the right base with certain fruits and vegetables and adding in the right flavour enhancers can create a smoothie that tastes more like a milkshake!
A smoothie can also be a great option for a post-workout recovery drink. You can add your favourite protein powder to boost the protein content. I recommend either a vanilla powder (omit the vanilla from the recipe) or a flavourless powder to let the natural flavours shine.
Can this smoothie be made dairy-free? YES!
This tropical green spinach smoothie can easily be made dairy-free by swapping out the milk and Greek yogurt for your favourite plant-based beverage and yogurt.
This is the blender that I use.
Enjoy this recipe and let me know in the comments below if you try it out! Happy slurping!
Tropical Green Spinach Smoothie
- 3 handfuls spinach
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup milk of choice I use 2% dairy
- 1/2 cup 2% vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 ripe banana medium
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Are you looking for more blender drinks? Try this salted caramel smoothie. It’s sweet, salty, nutritious and 100% satisfying!