You heard me right: easy blender banana coconut latte.
Have you ever thought about putting a banana in your coffee? I know, at first, I thought it would be disgusting too. But it actually adds a great natural sweetness, a wonderful creamy mouthfeel, and just a hint of banana flavour. When paired with coconut, you get a tropical, creamy, caffeinated, and absolutely delicious latte.
This banana coconut latte will simultaneously knock you off your feet and put some pep in your step, all while tasting like a tropical dessert!
This is the French press that I use.
Here is my favourite canned coconut milk.
And the coconut extract that I used.
Are you looking for more blender drinks? Try this salted caramel smoothie. It’s sweet, salty, nutritious and 100% satisfying!
Do you want a podcast to listen to while you slurp your latte? Check out episode 7 of Dietetics After Dark about the legendary McDonald’s hot coffee lawsuit. This episode covers the history of the McDonald’s franchise and the infamous Liebeck vs. McDonald’s case. While you might think you know a thing or two about the McDonald’s lawsuit, I have a feeling you’ll be deeply surprised. This episode challenges your biases and beliefs about the case and questions how the media’s portrayal of court cases can sway public opinion.
Enjoy! If you try this easy blender banana coconut latte, let me know in the comments below.
Easy Blender Banana Coconut Latte
- Espresso machine or French press
- 1 cup coconut milk canned, full or reduced fat
- 1.5 cups 2% milk or plant beverage of choice
- 1 ripe banana medium
- 3 tbsp sugar refined, white
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 3 drops coconut extract
- 2-3 shots espresso or 1/2 cup strongly brewed French press coffee
- Sprinkle shredded coconut unsweetened
- Combine sugar, hot water, and coconut extract and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. This is your coconut simple syrup. Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Combine coconut milk, milk of choice, and banana in a blender and blend until creamy. Store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Make your coffee of choice. I suggest espresso or strongly brewed french press.
- Heat ¾ cup of the banana coconut milk mixture on the stove to and add 1-2 tsp of your coconut simple syrup. Add an additional 3-4 tbsp of the mixture to your milk frother and froth.
- Add coffee to a mug then top with the heated banana-coconut milk mixture and stir. Top with frothed milk and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Enjoy!